"Buried" was made in 2010 and was produced by Rodrigo Cortés. As you can guess from the title it can be connected to my thriller.
The movie is about a U.S. truck driver, who was working in Iraq. Whilst in Iraq his convoy was attacked by a group of Iraqis. Paul Conroy (the driver) wakes up to find that he has been buried alive although he is not sure how he got there. All he has with his is a lighter and an old phone. He has to race against time to escape from the coffin.
This movie has inspired me to think 'outside the box' for my story board and what the character will do with the objects they are given to escape, if they are fast enough. As well as this I have began to think whether the character buried should communicate with the outside world? That pulled me into the movie and made a massive difference to the outcome of it.
For the course of this movie I was glued to my screen, waiting for Paul's next move. Suspense and tension were always high during the movie. As the movie continued we learnt about Paul(Ryan Reynolds), because of this I wanted Paul to escape so he should see his family once more. The movie had so many paths it could have taken e.g. dieing of air loss, being killed by a snake or being found by Dan Brenner (Robert Patterson.) I personally think there could have not been a better ending to the movie as you belive Paul has been found by Dan Brenner, when in fact Dan had found Mark White, a person who was in the same situation at an earlier time. Dan had told Paul, White had been found and was now at home. The last line of the movie was Dan saying to Paul "I'm sorry Paul. I'm so sorry."
I hope to have the same effect on my audience from my thriller as this movie had on me.
Some sound analysis and comparison. Well done. SG
ReplyDeleteYou have done no work for your blog during the holiday. SG
ReplyDeletei am currently uploading my new postrs i hope you engoy them. EW
ReplyDelete